- White Rental Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany stated Friday that the White Rental condemned Hong Kong’s resolution to lengthen its legislative council elections for one year.
- In the end earlier, President Donald Trump instructed in a tweet that the US would possibly perhaps quiet lengthen its presidential election over his baseless claim that mail-in vote casting is fraudulent.
- President Trump does no longer procure the vitality to lengthen the November presidential election.
- Search the advice of with Enterprise Insider’s homepage for additional stories.
In the end after President Donald Trump instructed delaying the November US presidential election, White Rental Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany stated throughout a press conference that the White Rental condemned Hong Kong’s resolution to lengthen its legislative council elections for one year.
“We condemn the Hong Kong government’s resolution to lengthen for one year its legislative council elections and to disqualify opposition candidates,” McEnany stated Friday after a reporter asked whether or no longer Trump supported the fling to lengthen the elections.
“This action undermines the democratic processes and freedoms that procure underpinned Hong Kong’s prosperity,” she stated, in step with a transcript of the clicking conference produced by the White Rental.
President Trump does no longer procure the vitality to lengthen the November presidential election, as Enterprise Insider has previously reported, and he floated his Thursday suggestion over his baseless claims that mail-in vote casting is fraudulent.
Carrie Lam, the manager government of Hong Kong, cited issues over the coronavirus outbreak in the resolution to lengthen the election initially slated for September, which is able to now be held in September 2021.
The fling used to be extensively seen as a setback for the pro-democracy movement that has been building there whereas China tightens its grip on Hong Kong.
- Read extra:
- Trump publicly criticized Fauci again and called his congressional testimony ‘inaccurate!’
- Trump informed journalists on Air Drive One he is banning TikTok from the US
- Trump says he’s vote casting absentee in the 2020 election after months of baseless assaults on mail-in vote casting
- Hong Kong correct delayed its elections in a blow to democracy with unsettling parallels to Trump