A one who was as soon as planning to point out to his female friend ended up setting his Sheffield flat on fireplace after lighting hundreds of tealight candles.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Provider said the fireplace started on Abbeydale Boulevard on Monday after the actual person left to take up his female friend for the “gargantuan 2d”.
But when the couple returned they chanced on the flat engulfed in flames.
A spokesperson said thankfully no-one was as soon as injured and “she easy said certain”.
Posting about the incident on social media, the fireplace service said the actual person, who they wouldn’t be naming to spare his blushes, had “basically long past to city”, with candles, wine and balloons.
Nonetheless, it added: “After going round the nook to discover his female friend ready for the romantic 2d, he came lend a hand to salvage the flat on fireplace and three fireplace engines on the capacity.”
“As romantic as they are, and as unprecedented as all of us esteem ’em, candles could well presumably be so unhealthy.”
The service wished the couple “the general finest” and said crews had been taking a stare forward to receiving a wedding invite.
In step with the post, other folks supplied their make stronger and congratulations.
One particular person wrote: “Omg the unhappy guy. All he was as soon as attempting to create was as soon as make it particular.”
One more said: “Build no longer let him arrange the wedding.”