- Two ragged GOP congressmen, Charles Djou of Hawaii and Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, announced their make stronger for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in a Roll Call conception article.
- Djou and Edwards are share of “Republicans and Independents for Biden,” a bunch of on the subject of 100 ragged GOP lawmakers who’re supporting the ragged vp.
- The pair blasted President Donald Trump as “an sick-formed man who lacks basic self-preserve a watch on and exhibits no semblance of internal character.”
- Both Djou and Edwards stated they’d prefer to peer a return to civility in politics, and so that they peer a Biden presidency as the finest manner to plot their scheme.
- “Joe Biden will not be any longer a terrific man, but he’s a person of humble decency,” they wrote.
- Consult with Industry Insider’s homepage for further stories.
Two ragged Republican congressmen sharply condemned President Donald Trump’s behavior in a conception share printed Friday, calling for a return to bipartisanship and declaring their make stronger for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
Charles Djou, a militia mature who represented Hawaii’s 1st Congressional district from 2010 to 2011, and Mickey Edwards, a founding trustee of the conservative Heritage Foundation who held Oklahoma’s Fifth district seat from 1977 to 1993, co-wrote the Roll Call article that highlighted how they felt the incumbent president didn’t embody Republican principles.
“Donald Trump will also faux to be heir to the big Republican custom that appealed to us each and every but he’s now not any Republican,” they wrote. “He’s merely an sick-formed man who lacks basic self-preserve a watch on and exhibits no semblance of internal character… We are so disquieted by Trump’s name-calling and childish taunting, his penchant for conspiracy theories and his embody of conspiracy web sites, all of which judge a demanding paranoia.”
Whereas Djou, 50, and Edwards, 83, are from vastly diversified states and generations, they were unified by what they perceived as Trump’s lack of appreciate for the country’s vary.
“The United States is a nation of immigrants, and it benefits from a nationwide material woven with the threads of many americans, of many backgrounds and cultures, all united within the fashioned perception and like of American liberty,” they wrote. “He recklessly announces that immigrants are ‘animals’ and ‘rapists.’ His anti-immigrant manner bears a indispensable closer relationship to the autocrats in Turkey or Russia or China than the American Statue of Liberty.”
On Friday, The Wall Avenue Journal reported that the group, an affiliate of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project, will spend at least $10 million on pro-Biden ads and mailers focused in opposition to suburban voters in Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
The ragged congressmen concluded their article with a message of make stronger for the ragged vp.
“Joe Biden will not be any longer a terrific man, but he’s a person of humble decency,” they acknowledged. “The United States desires a restored sense of nationwide solidarity, basic civility and appropriate character in our president.”